Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Video: Molly's Bike Got Run Over By A Mini

The story goes like this.  Molly Hurford writes for CX Magazine.  As a freelance project, I do the PR for OVCX (Ohio Valley Cyclocross) and every week send her the most exciting press releases you've ever read.  Then, like most writers, I nervously pace hoping that my drivel holds enough esteem for her to give love to our riders and events in Cyclocross Magazine.  

Yada yada yada, her bike got run over by a car at the Bay State CX race this past weekend.  While horrifying to her, I found it kind of funny.  She wasn't riding it at the time.  The car, which looks like a Mini Cooper, apparently decided to kill her bike in cold blood.  Details remain sketchy.  The sob story unfolded on Twitter and Facebook the last 2-3 days.  After making an off-hand comment on her last Facebook post (see photo) she more or less insisted I make a parody of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" about it.

So I did one better, stole pictures off her Facebook page and made a video with the song.  Enjoy.


No comments: